Dang. First time I’m late with the link round up. You’ll have to forgive me what with the holidays and new year and my birthday rolling around. For the uninitiated, this is my monthly roundup of links from my Gunter and Bean Facebook Page, (and sometimes my personal page) which I use to share the news, links and articles that captivate me.
I often say the benefit of checking here is that I’ll have them sorted by topic. That said, I’m having a harder and harder time separating activism from everything else. Slowly it infiltrates every facet of my being. And I’m okay with that.
Regardles, I hope you enjoy, and I always welcome comments, questions and suggestions!
Humor, Fun Stuff and Miscellaneous Reads:
- Snooping in a dead man’s house: my uneasy inheritance via The Guardian
- I Do All of My Best Creative Work Responding To Tinder Messages via Reductress
- Shut Up and Be Patient via Mark Manson
- BREAKING NEWS: The Human Body Apparently Ages via Elite Daily
- This Neuroscientist Argues That Addiction Is Not a Disease and Rehab Is Bullshit via Vice
- 3 Ways Men Wanting to ‘Focus On Her Pleasure’ During Sex Can Still Be Sexist via Everyday Feminism
- Stop saying ’sorry’ if you want to say thank you: A seriously insightful cartoon via Brightside.me
- Tamir Rice and the Value of Life via NYTimes OpEd
- Joe Hill Calls Bullshit On The Crazy Artist Cliché via Buzzfeed
- Drug C.E.O. Martin Shkreli Arrested on Fraud Charges via NYTimes
- No Charges for Cleveland Police Officers in Shooting Death of 12 year old Tamir Rice via Washington Post
- Why The Planned Parenthood Shooting Was Always About Black Lives via Feministing
- Homeless Woman Arrested For Stealing $32 Of Food From Wal-Mart via Ravishly
- Why I Will No Longer Feel Ashamed For Having A Body! via Ravishly
- 20 Mental Health Resolutions For The New Year via Let’s Queer Things Up
- White Privilege, Explained in One Simple Comic via Everyday Feminism
- Dear Oprah: Please Stop Projecting Your Insecurities Onto Me via Power, Peace and The Porch Gym