December already, huh!? For the uninitiated, this is my monthly roundup of links from my Gunter and Bean Facebook Page, (and sometimes my personal page) which I use to share the news, links and articles that captivate me. The benefit of checking here is that I’ll have them sorted by topic. The downside is that you miss my commentary. Or maybe that’s a benefit too, I’m not sure.
I’m going to be honest… November was a rough month. There was a lot of terrorism all over the world, and I linked to a bunch of things about the assorted events. Seeing it all collected like this makes me wish I had seen more art. More positivity. I do try to focus on items that push people up instead of bring them down. But sometimes the world makes that hard.
Regardless, I hope you enjoy! I look forward to hearing your comments, questions, and suggestions for other things to read!
- The Rape Trial Everyone in America Should Be Watching via Cosmo
- Trans Women are Women, Too via Wear Your Voice
- Did the Media Ignore the Beirut Bombings? Or did readers? via Vox
- Here’s What You Need to Know About HIV Before You Read Anything About Charlie Sheen via Mic
- After The Paris Attacks, Some Stories Weren’t True via NPR
- Before You Dismiss the Concept of Thin Privilege, First Ask Yourself These 4 Questions via Everyday Feminism
- Scientists now think that being overweight can protect your health via QZ
- The People Who Brought You “Period Underwear” Now Have a Line for Men Who Menstruate via Slate
- Lorelle Saxina is a good person via Facebook
- Transgender Day of Remembrance 2015: Those We’ve Lost via Advocate
- This Female Comedian Just Completely Nailed the Depressing Reality of Being a Woman in Comedy via Pajiba
- Breaking: Several Black Lives Matter Protesters Were Just Shot by White Supremacists in Minneapolis via US Uncut
- The Amazing Black Activists We’re Thankful For in 2015 via Huffington Post
Humor, Fun Stuff and Miscellaneous Reads:
- 32 Hilarious Tweets That Perfectly Sum Up Being A Woman via Buzzfeed
- Refugee Stories via Humans of New York
- So, You’ve Decided to Contact Me via Medium
- Gratitude Is Good For The Soul And Helps The Heart, Too via NPR