Happy November, everyone!
For the uninitiated, this is my monthly roundup of links from my Gunter and Bean Facebook Page, (and sometimes my personal page) which I use to share the news, links and articles that captivate me. The benefit of checking here is that I’ll have them sorted by topic. The downside is that you miss my commentary. Or maybe that’s a benefit too, I’m not sure.
I hope you enjoy! I look forward to hearing your comments, questions, and suggestions for other things to read!
- My cat is on a wine bottle, and you can buy it! via Benefit Wines
- I started a freakin’ girl scout troupe for Radical Adult Feminists, and we called it the Spitfire Scouts. All womyn are welcome (just don’t be a dick).
- I bought a Glowforge, and am patiently awaiting it’s arrival!!
- Moody Food Pt. 1 via Gunter & Bean
- Book Report: The Story of My Tits via Gunter & Bean
Projects by Friends and Heroes:
- Odd Jobs: Mask Maker starring Eric Roy, via WCAX
- Chronic Illness Grrl was published by Katie Tastrom Fenton – order yours by PM’ing her on Facebook.
- Um, Jes Baker’s book, Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls is out!! I’m currently reading, and so far it’s very good!
- Psycho-delic! Fashion show in New Zealand unveils fantastical ‘wearable art’ designs via Daily Mail
- A Very Weird Photo Of Ulysses S. Grant via NPR
- I ordered some art by Dripface (see above)
- Hotlines to Know via The Militant Baker
- Talk Therapy Found to Ease Schizophrenia via NY Times
- The Other Autistic Muppet via MotherLode
- These at the 9 people killed in the Oregon College shooting via NPR
- I’m not being unkind, but… via Dances With Fat
- Vin Diesel gets fat shamed via Dances With Fat
- Femme invisibility is the dirty little secret of the queer community via The Daily Dot
- Being Poor Is Too Expensive via LifeHacker
- Kate Winslet Doesn’t Want Her Ads Retouched via eOnline
- ‘Sesame Street’ introduces first character with autism: Meet Julia via Today
- 7th Church Near Ferguson Burned Down In Wave of Arson via US Uncut
- Dear White People/Queridos Gringos: You Want Our Culture But You Don’t Want Us – Stop Colonizing The Day Of The Dead via Aya de Leon
- S.C. Sheriff’s Deputy Is Fired After Review Of High School Student’s Arrest via NPR
- This Woman Stopped A Planned Parenthood Protest By Chanting “Yeast Infection” via BuzzFeed
- This show does not represent the views of the artists via Larry Holderfield
- How to advocate for IUDs and implants given the history of birth control coercion via Feministing
- Nobody Puts Susan Cooper in the Basement: Melissa McCarthy and Skillful, Competent Violence in Film via BitchFlicks
Humor, Fun Stuff and Miscellaneous Reads:
- 6 Horrifying Facts That Get Left Out Of History via Cracked
- I Tried to Live Like Gwyneth Paltrow for a Week via Vice
- Everything Doesn’t Happen For A Reason via Tim Lawrence
- The Lonely Death of George Bell via NY Times
- This 15-year-old won $25,000 for devising a genius way to harvest energy from the ocean via Business Insider
- Why Procrastinators Procrastinate via Wait but Why
- Florida deputies stage zombie invasion for terminally ill 7-year-old boy to fight via Zap2it