Pita Sammies are a staple here at the Fart Castle. They make an excellent lunch or dinner, and give us a reason to eat more Carrot Salad. It also gives me an excuse to slip pickles into food. I love pickles!
4 Whole Wheat Pitas
2 Persian Cucumbers, diced (or use half of an English Cucumber)
2 spicy dill pickles, chopped
½ tomato, diced
½ C. feta crumbles
½ C. your favorite hummus
Seasonal Salad Greens
1. Wrap pitas in cloth towel and toss into the toaster/oven and set to Warm. Give them 5-10 minutes in there before proceeding to step 3.
2. Mix cucumbers, pickles, tomato and feta together with a fork until the pickle-juice and feta create a delicious coating.
3. Pull a pita from the toaster, plop a spoonful of humus in the middle, and spread across with the back of the spoon.
4. Put about ¼ cup of the greek salad mixture on pita, in a line down the middle.
5. Top with carrot salad and mixed greens, as desired.
6. Fold pita for easy consumption, and cram it in your facehole!